You are in one of these categories:
1. I’ve set up Google My Business and left it.
2. I don’t know what you are talking about, google what?
3. I’m a veteran and don’t need this advice.
Here are a few reasons why it’s important to set up GMB and why you should continually optimize it to get the most out of it.
- It helps you rank higher locally in search results.
- It creates instant credibility. It allows your customers to leave reviews, and it also displays your reviews which also helps you rank higher.
- It gives your customers up-to-date information about your business (if you keep it optimized).
- You will appear on Google Maps.
- You get insights into your business like the number of views on your profile & photos, search queries, engagement and number of website clicks, phone calls and direction queries.
- Customers can directly message you from your listing (if you opt-in).
- It makes your business legit and creates a great first impression if you optimize it correctly.
- You can gain customers. These words are taken from a client email of mine proving it “I can’t believe how many people have contacted me through my Google business page – once again, thank you for promoting me to create one.”
So what does optimize actually mean in this scenario? It means keeping your information up-to-date. If your hours change or if you are temporarily closed, update this on your business page to reflect this. If you create a new product, post about it. If you update your logo, update it. You understand where I’m going here.
So what’s stopping you from creating or optimizing your FREE Google Business Page? If you have any questions or need help with setup, message me, I’m here to help.